Suicide Dogs!! The good kind of grilling recipe
A few years back and the last one I spent with my dad grilling for him before making the trek up to Oregon. I stumbled upon a grilling recipe that was just right up my alley to up for my guys. While that recipe was fantastic, I already had spin-off ideas to make it yet again…to redo the recipe. SO Thanks to HOLSINAR, a member from Allrecipes.com for posting their recipe for Triple Bypasses. A layered hot dog grilling treat sure to live up to it’s name LOL!
However, when I decided to re-make the recipe, I changed part of the ingredients and dubbed these…SUICIDE DOGS!! The good kind of recipe. I want it spicy with some heat….if I’m going to die young, I want it to be worth it. At least my husband says that to me from time to time when I kick things up a notch or two or even three. I hope you enjoy the recipe, it’s not for the faint of heart and something I make a few times a year. But to kick off the grilling season for the summer….here ya go! Enjoy.
- Suicide Dogs!! The good kind of grilling recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup salsa any heat, I like medium
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 8-10 polish sausage links
- 4-5 1oz individual string cheese OR Pepper Jack cheese cut lengthwise in half
- 1 lb bacon
- 8-10 hoagie style deli rolls
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground beef, salsa, bread crumbs, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper using your hands. Set aside
- Using a knife, make a slit along the entire length of the polish sausage link, that's about 1/2-3/4 of the viagra way deep. Take 1 1/2-piece of cheese and stuff each piece into the slit of the link.
- Pack enough meat around each sausage link to completely cover it, but not too thick.
- Wrap 1-2 slices of bacon around each beef covered sausage link in a spiral fashion, then secure all with prednisone a toothpick. Place on a cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the bacon-wrapped beef covered sausage dogs on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally - but carefully, until the beef is cooked through and bacon nizagara is nicely browned.
- Remove from the grill. Remove toothpicks, and serve on hoagie rolls. Top with your favorite condiments or more salsa, onions, jalapenos and cheese.