Hmmmmm!!!! Homemade BBQ Sauce
You have to try your hand in making homemade BBQ Sauce…you won’t regret it. This recipe is a canning recipe and a great grilling sauce for sure. The original recipe came out of a Home Canning Cook Book by Fager, however I changed a few ingredients to our liking. We love this sauce so much, I’m still working on other spin-offs. This is a sweet onion & tomato based recipe that compliments a variety of cooking applications. This recipe is soo thick, smooth and divine. I have been known to eat it alone, in front of the frig with just a spoon. I love making BBQ BLT&C on toasted Gluten-Free Bread. Takes the sandwich to a whole other level. I make 2 batches at a time and can be made all year round with basic staple ingredients I have on hand. If you are like me, I keep liquid smoke on hand all the time, because you never know, when you are going to come across needing it in the dead of winter with the flavor of summer grilling.
If you don’t plan to can the batch of BBQ sauce, you need to have a container with a lid to place the sauce straight into the refrigerator and use with in a couple of days. If you are an experienced canner and do processer cooker canning, then please follow the processing method as stated in the directions. If you are a beginner canner and haven’t dealt with pressure canning very much, I would advise checking out a few sites online to help you with the process. It’s important to know the in’s and out’s to pressure canning. At 1st it can be very tricky, but breathe, read carefully and follow along with a watchful eye and know, it’s really not so difficult once you get the knack of it. I’m including a few links to help you out as, I took the time to find very beneficial sites that are thorough and simple with instructions. Then be proud of yourself and do a Homemade BBQ sauce dance and chant..
Homemade BBQ Sauce, hips to the left, and arms up
Homemade BBQ Sauce, hips to the right and arms down, shrugging shoulders to and fro…
with a whoop whoop and a “Oh YEAHHHH!!”
Ha…I get so excited when I make this got lost in the moment.
Here are the links I promised:
Simply Canning is a great site: http://www.simplycanning.com/pressure-canning.html
Canning Pantry is another great informative site: http://www.canningpantry.com/using-pressure-canners.html
As well as Ball(R) one of the foremost leading experts to canning: http://www.freshpreserving.com/
Thank you for stopping by my kitchen and I hope this recipe finds it’s self as a staple in your pantry as it does mine.
From my mountain kitchen to yours….Happy cooking.
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- You have to try your hand in making homemade BBQ Sauce...you won't regret it. This recipe is a canning recipe and a great grilling sauce for sure. We love this sauce so much. This is a sweet onion based recipe that compliments a variety of cooking applications. Making this sauce with staple ingredients in your pantry or frig....how can you not, try this?!
- 2 cups onions peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 TBSP prepared mustard
- 3 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 22 oz water
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 TBSP liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients into a stockpot and viagra bring to a boil.
- Lower heat prednisone and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Once sauce has thickened, remove from heat. Using a hand held emulsion blender or regular electric blender, blend until smooth.
- Ladle into jars, Cap and seal.
- Place in a canner with just enough water to cover jars. Process for 20 nizagara minutes/high pressure setting.