This is one of those recipe, that makes me happy happy! I’m a cucumber fan! But while I had gastric bypass, some veggies I can’t digest in raw chunky state. So when I made a tradtional tomato based gazpacho, she told me of her recipe. I was thrilled to try it AND i love it! If you’re a serious fan of cucumbers…then this is for you. I will note my adjustments to the recipe. It’s just perfect. She told me she likes it thin, so that she can drink it in a wine glass…and she’s spot on, it makes me feel totally special doing the exact same thing. SO please enjoy this recipe. It’s nothing like I ever had before and I’m thrilled to share it.
6-8 medium Cucumbers
8-12 ounces Sour Cream(I made mine with Tofutti & used all 12oz)
3 TBSP White Distilled Vinegar1/2 tsp Salt (or adjust more for preferred taste)
1/2 tsp White Pepper (or adjust more for preferred taste)
1 tsp Garlic Powder ( or adjust more for preferred taste)
32 ounce Chicken Broth
1. Peel desired amount of cucumbers, then cut ends off and discard. Slice cucumbers in half and scoop out seeds, trying to save most of the cucumber meat, discard seeds.
2. Chop cucumbers and place into a food processor or blender, process cucumbers to a puree state.
3. Add 8oz sour cream to start with, then add vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Process to puree again until all is incorporated.
4. Add in 32oz of chicken broth and blend until all is incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. And add remaining sour cream if desired….I did
5. Serve immediately and store remaining batch in the refrigerator and keep chilled. Will stand in the refrigerator for a couple of days. A fairly simple and fast recipe on the fly.
Makes about 70 plus ounces depending on the amount cucumbers you use. I refreshing treat for the cucumber lover!