A warm inviting comfort pasta dish, with a combination of ground beef and Italian sausage, layered with seasoned ricotta, Barilla® No-Boil noodles and loads of cheese. This makes a 11×16 size pan. We make it once, eat it twice.
32 ounces ricotta cheese
3/4 cup shredded parmesan, divided
4 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tsp dried basil, divided
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 pound ground beef
1 (19 ounce) package Johnsonville® Italian Sausage links, casings removed
2 & 1/2 (24 ounces) jars Paul Newman® Sockarooni Pasta Sauce
12 sheets of Barilla® No-boiling-required lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 3 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, eggs, 1-1/2 tsp basil, parsley, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Combine beef and Italian sausage & cook in a large skillet, until browned. Remove from heat and drain off the fat. Return to skillet and stir in 2 jars of pasta sauce.
3. Spread half the prepared beef mixture into the bottom of a 11x16in size casserole dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top layer with 6 lasagna noodle sheets. A slight over lapping action will happen.
4. Spread entire ricotta cheese mixture over the layer of noodles. Repeat with a layer of 6 lasagna noodle sheets.
5. Top with remaining beef mixture and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Top with the last 6 noodles.
6. Spread 1/2 of a jar pasta sauce over the top of the last layer of lasagna noodle sheets. Top with 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of basil on to cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted with a nice golden crust and bubbly.