- Seasoned Ricotta Mix
- This is my favorite ricotta recipe and is what I use in making my lasagnas, jumbo pasta shells, fillings for raviolis, and etc. Easily doubled and can store in refrigerator a day or two before use. But please note, there is eggs in the mix, so do not let the mix stand any more then a day or so before it's intended use.
- 1 (16oz) cont ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- In a medium size bowl, mix together, ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella, egg, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Until thoroughly incorporated.
- Use filling where ever a ricotta mixture is needed, whether it's in lasagna or raviolis or etc.