- Roasted Garlic & Herb Chicken Sausage Balls Stuffed w/Mozzeralla
- This is one of those recipes that you enjoy either as a meal or an app. And quite filling. Serve with your favorite Marinara Sauce or even an alfredo sauce.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|11-12 (2 per serving)||20 minutes||20 minutes|
- 1 (12 oz) container Marinated Mozzarella Fresco(small size mozzarella balls)
- 8 oz box StoveTop® Stuffing Savory Blend
- 1/3 cup Asiago Cheese, finely shredded
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 (14 oz) pkg Fresh Roasted Garlic & Herb Chicken Sausages
Servings: (2 per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Open the container of mozzarella, place cheese into a strainer and drain off oil mixture but don't rinse the cheese off. Set aside until ready to be used.
- In a blender or food processor, empty contents of stuffing mix & 1/3 cup of Asiago cheese into vessel & process stuffing and Asiago into bread crumb consistency. Place into a shallow baking dish, set aside.
- Place eggs into a small bowl, with a fork beat eggs well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, remove sausage from casings, then discard casings.
- With the palm of your had measure out about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 TBSP of sausage mixture making a slightly flatten patty, placing 1 small mozzarella ball into the center and enclosing the sausage mixture around the cheese. Until you can't see the cheese and roll the sausage in your hand to form a ball. Repeat this step until all sausage and cheese is used, making at least 22-24 sausage balls.
- Dip each sausage ball into the beaten egg, then place into the shallow pan with seasoned bread crumbs. With each sausage ball, cover completely by rolling the balls in the bread crumb like mixture, then placing each coated ball onto the parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes until lightly golden OR until there is a slight oozing from each ball. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite marinara or alfredo sauce.