- RITZ® Hazelnut Gelato Sandwich
- Made with gelato, sandwiched between RITZ Crackers. These mini sandwiches are dipped in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts, then frozen for a perfect sweet treat with game day festivities. This RITZ recipe is inspired by a trip to Screme Gelato Bar in NYC (with the best gelato!) with my daughter, sister & brother-in-law.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|25 1 per person||60 minutes||0 minutes|
- 1 (14 oz) container Vanilla Bean or Salted Caramel Gelato
- 50 RITZ® Crackers
- 6 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3 oz hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Lay out 3 or 4 RITZ Crackers, salted side down, on a parchment-line baking sheet.
- Quickly scoop 1 tablespoon gelato onto each cracker. Top each with a RITZ cracker. Press down lightly to flatten gelato to extend to cracker edges; wipe off excess and immediately place in the freezer until frozen solid, about 3 hours.
- Repeat with remaining crackers and gelato to make 25 sandwiches.
- When the sandwiches are frozen, melt chocolate on top of a double boiler. In small batches and working quickly, dip sandwiches halfway into melted chocolate. Immediately dip chocolate half into chopped nuts. Place sandwiches back into the freezer. Freeze 2 to 3 hours to set.
My house loves, LOVES the Salted Caramel Gelato in this recipe. SO if you have it available to you in your local grocery store freezer....make the immediate purchase to try it in this recipe. If it's not available, vanilla is a perfect alternative. Hope your family enjoys this delicious treat. You do need to make this a day in advance for your #GameDay event. Thank you #RITZ for letting me participate in #RITZNYBLITZ with the #AllstarRitz program. It was may honor.