- Pumpkin Molasses Pie
- This recipe came to me by Jean Ann Miles local to me in Southern Oregon. This slightly sweet rich pie is quite different then any pumpkin pie I've ever eaten. With old world favorite that reminds me of pumpkin butter.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|6-8||20 minutes||60 minutes|
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 9-inch pie pastry crust
- Preheated oven to 375 degree.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry and crimp or flute the edges.
- Beat the eggs. Add all remaining ingredients except the pastry and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in as much of the pumpkin custard as the pie plate will hold. Do not cover the pie.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 1 hour or until a knife blade comes out clean from center of the pie. If there is any leftover custard, it can be poured into custard cups and baked for 40-50 mins.
If wanting to make just custards instead of pie, just omit the crust completely and place custards in 6-9 lightly buttered ramekins and bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes.
If any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com ©