I tried for years to duplicate the crab salad that was made in the seafood market i used to work for, but never could. However, I came up with this one and prefer it a whole lot more. My daughter will hide with the batch I make and eat it all.
- Mel's Crab Salad
- Imitation crabmeat stars in this simple salad made with just a few ingredients, such as celery, mayonnaise, and light ranch dressing. Chill it overnight to get the full flavor.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8||15 minutes||0 minutes|
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing (such as Hidden Valley Ranch® Light)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's®/Best Foods®)
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- Gently mix flaked imitation crab, celery, ranch dressing, mayonnaise, sugar, and parsley in a salad bowl until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Stir again just before serving.
- Serve with your favorite buttery crackers.
It's really a simple recipe; the only time that is long is the separating of the crab meat. Other then that, it's a quick fix.