- Honey Salted Pumpkin Seeds
- This recipe was modified from Honey Pumpkin Seeds on Allrecipes.com While the original recipe was good. I've modified to couple changes. This sweet but lightly salty treat tastes almost like Kettle Corn. A nice change from the ordinary.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|16||10 minutes||40-50 minutes|
- 1 & 1/2 TBSPs butter, melted
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1/2 TBSP brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups raw pumpkin seeds, cleaned & dry
- 1 TBSP and 1 & 1/2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, for dusting
- Place oven rack in the highest position. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (easier to stir around seeds).
- Mix butter, honey, brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp salt together in a bowl; add pumpkin seeds and toss to coat. Spread coated seeds in 1 layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Stir seeds and continue baking for 10 more minutes. Checking diligently every 5 minutes and stir to prevent burning. Sprinkle seeds with white sugar and bake until lightly browned, about 10 more minutes or longer. Keep a watchful eye on color of the seeds & sugar.
- This is one of those recipes, watching is upmost importance. Remove seeds from oven and sprinkle with remaining salt. Cool seeds and store in an airtight container.
NOTE: Ensure you do not overheat the sugar. While pumpkin seeds can be baked for over an hour at 300 degrees (149 degrees Celsius), the sugar will caramelize and may burn. So be very wise in watching.
Have any questions email me at email@example.com ©