Yes…you read this right! A simple and easy peasy recipe. I was working with another recipe that only required 2 ingredients and I couldn’t help but wonder if….one ingredient could be switched out. And wouldn’t you know…it worked. While you don’t have to use Nutella® but can use another version cocoa hazelnut blend from Big Lots or a generic, however….I keep the brand on hand. This turns out to be the most simplest, quick and easy fudge ever. I have to give props to the person that wrote it up on #Allrecipes website because of them…I was able to create this. Sooo thank you! I hope you enjoy the recipe like my whole family does.
Please note: this recipe requires the vanilla flavored white confectioners’ candy coating called Almond Bark. I know it sounds strange because Nutella® is a cocoa and hazelnut based spread. Using the chocolate flavored confectioners’ candy coating actually hides most of the flavor of the Nutella®, as I have tested this and everyone that taste tested it, liked the vanilla Almond Bark over the chocolate Almond Bark.
- Nutella® Hazelnut Fudge
- Working with another like recipe, I wondered if I could change one ingredient for another...and it works beautifully! The rich smoothness of the hazelnut cocoa blend and the crunch of the hazelnuts make a perfect little fudge morsel. Note: this recipe uses the Vanilla Flavored white confectioners' candy coating NOT the chocolate flavored confectioners' candy coating.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|24 (2 per serving)||10 minutes||10 minutes|
- 1 pound Vanilla flavored confectioners' coating (white almond bark) broken up or coarsely chopped
- 18 ounces Cocoa Hazelnut Spread (such as Nutella®)
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with plastic wrap long enough to overhang the dish by several inches on each side.
- Place broken coating into a large glass microwave-safe bowl and melt on low power in microwave oven, about 5 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- When coating is smooth and creamy, stir in cocoa hazelnut spread into coating, until fudge mixture is thoroughly combined. Spread fudge into the prepared baking dish. Top fudge with chopped hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate fudge until set, 1 to 2 hours. Lift fudge out of the pan using the plastic wrap for handles and slice into small square pieces.
This Recipe works best with the Vanilla flavored white confectioners' coating (white almond bark)...using the chocolate confectioners' coating will result in a loss of hazelnut flavor.